An excellent opportunity has arisen working for an established, growing company who are proud to work with some of the major retail brands across the UK and Europe. This prestigious company are looking to take on a Buyer to join their Purchasing department. The role will be fundamental in delivering the businesses day to day procurement needs including negotiating with suppliers to obtain best value, vendor selection and supplier relationship management. You will enjoy a competitive salary and company benefits.
As Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Source, enquire and purchase from approved suppliers in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and the business, monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity.
- Progress orders to ensure acknowledged delivery is still valid. Progress any late deliveries.
- Be responsible for resolution of Material Quality issues.
- Validate requests, prepare and raise purchase orders, communicate as required.
- Maintain Works Orders, Parts Database, receipting of goods and services and Approved Supplier register.
- Assist with Invoice queries and address any issues within the Supply Chain.
- Build & maintain relationships across Supply Chain, both internal and external, ensuring efficient communication.
- Ensure current prices are kept up to date and communicated, assisting with Estimating & Sourcing.
- Support Purchasing function with tender preparation, reporting and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate for the role of Buyer will have:
- Minimum 5+ years of Purchasing experience.
- A good working knowledge of ERP & MRP.
- Experience working for a construction company, or Main Contractor.
- Strong market knowledge.
- Have advanced IT skills, (especially Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project Desirable)
- Be part of a team and offer a mentoring role.
- CIPS Qualification is desirable
- Purchasing / Finance related degree is desirable
In return the Buyer will receive a basic salary of – £22,000 – £32,000 depending on experience. You will also receive free parking, pension, flexi hours (as long as present in core hours) discounts for the Range stores, 25 days holiday + bank holidays. The working hours are 40 hours over 5 days (Monday – Friday).
To apply for the role of Buyer, please click apply to send your CV.